Maggie Valley UMC
We welcome you! Over one hundred and fifty years ago, a small congregation of faithful Christians built the first sanctuary and public school in Maggie Valley. Today, our vital congregation continues its original priorities with all the people in the valley: Worship and Service.
The Methodists built their first log building along the banks of Jonathan Creek. Still at this same location, now below Cataloochee Ranch and Ski Area and the former Ghost Town in the Sky and across from Joey’s Pancake House, Maggie Valley UMC celebrated this great anniversary in 2018.
United Methodist Church Today
Rev. Cole Altizer
We give thanks and pray for our wonderful staff!
• Renee Mackey – Church Secretary
• Shirley Saxton – Shepherd’s Table Lead Cook & Custodian
• Gene Saxton – Custodian
• Jason Jones – Music Director
• Janice Rogers – Organist
• Colleen Williamson – Treasurer
• Chrystal Carver – Cleaning Staff
• Beth Tice – Cleaning Staff
• Annie Palmer – Nursery
• Cole Altizer – Pastor
Sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B044EA5A72CA2F94-inpersonWe hope to see you at either 8:30 or 10:30, with masks on, very soon!
Whether you are a full time or seasonal resident or visitor, we would love to meet you. Enter your email below, and we will let you know about upcoming events.
We Want to be YOUR Church!
- Please Note - We have made adjustments to our Worship schedule due to COVID-19. Currently, we are holding in-person Worship at 8:30am or 10:30am with RSVP. We will also have Facebook live at 10:30am. Call the office or check the Facebook page for updates!
Monday through Thursday - 9:00am – 2:00pm